Wednesday, July 16, 2008

RipStik Mayhem

Laura's cousin Walker came into town last week and stayed overnight at our house from Thursday to Friday. He brought his Ripstik, which is one of those crazy new skateboards that only has two wheels and they spin like casters. Anyways, he brought it over and he and I went riding around the block, he was on the Ripstick and I was on my longboard ( a long skateboard). We had a blast, the first video is some highlights of Walker, I shot it while riding my long board so it is a bit bumpy. Sorry for all those who suffer from motion sickness. He makes it look very easy, he is good.

Well after watching Walker make it look so easy I thought I would give it a try. I thought how hard could it be, I can ride a long board and feel like I have good balance. Well so I thought....

(The video was shot by 10 year old Walker so it is a bit bumpy, also he provided the awesome commentary as well.)

That is what happens when you take an out of shape over weight man who thinks he can still move like he is 10. So that ended my short lived RipStik career, I have officially retired. Hope you got a laugh out of my pain ;-)

This post was written by Jake!

5 comments:

The Read Blend said...

Hi, how are you doing?Congratulation Laura on you baby boy and your graduation.

Jessica said...

That was AWESOME! The fall came out of no where. I kept waiting for it to happen and when it DID I was on the floor. Thanks for the good laugh Jake :)

L&M said...

ok, that was great! you should have that kid around more often. Hope all is well!

-em

L&M said...

umm that was the funniest thing that I have seen in a long time. LMAO over here!too funny.
Lance

Wilson Family said...

haha! I still haven't been able to stop laughing. I love it. Happy Birthday tomorrow! :)