Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Jake!!!!!!!

Jake just celebrated his 26th Birthday. I can't believe how old we are getting. This birthday of his had a lot of potential, I usually spoil all of the surprises before any special days (birthdays, Christmas, anniversary, etc). This year I was determined to do something special and keep it a secret! Well, didn't happen again, I had planned 3 things that all fell through. so through prego girl frustration the night before his birthday I had told him all of the plans that fell through and told him that he would have to plan what he wanted to do on his birthday (I know it wasn't very nice of me, but he was very understanding, I think). So we made plans with our friends Stewart and Shana to go out to dinner and then to Dave & Buster's and play some video games, sounds fun right! Well, again something had to go wrong, to get into Dave & Buster's you have to have an ID if you are over 17 years old, if you were younger then that you just have to be with an adult with an ID (Stupidest thing I have ever heard). I of course didn't have an ID and they wouldn't let me in even though I was with Jake which had is ID. They also wouldn't let Shana in because her ID was the old one that was flipped the wrong way. So there went those plans also! so to finish off the night Stewart and Shana went home because they needed to go pick up Jaxon's from the babysitter and we went to see the Mummy. At least one thing was great for him for his present he got a Wii (actually it is a present for everything Birthday, Anniversary, Graduation, and Christmas, We figure that once Kaden gets here there would be no hope for him to get one), it has been so much fun to play. And thanks to Shana for making Jake a birthday cake, we have such great friends!

2 comments:

DeWitts said...

Hello!! You're supposed to email everyone when you start your blog so we don't find out weeks later. :) Sorry we missed the bday Jake but we want to do some serious friend make up time after the baby gets here.

DeWitts said...

Sorry we missed it guys. We're no fun lately, but we'll try to get back into the swing of things. Happy birthday, Jake!