Sunday, September 13, 2009

Our Baby's 1!!!!!!!

Kaden's 1

We celebrated Kaden's first birthday yesterday, it turned out so cute! Thanks to all of you that came and shared in celebrating.

We started out he day kind of rough, We had to take him in for his 1 year check-up which included about 6 shots, and we found out that he had an ear infection. I thought after we were done there was no use to celebrate his birthday, he was going to be crabby the rest of the day(which I wouldn't had blamed him, who wouldn't be after a doctors visit like that!)
We came home and took a short nap. After Kaden woke up we headed over to grandma petersen's for the much anticipated 1st birthday party! Our theme was planes, trains & automobiles, We made Kaden his own truck cake, and then made sugar cookies and brownies for everybody else to enjoy!

I knew that he had a really hard day already and was prepared for a clingy baby. Kaden surprised me so much, he loved every min of his party. We ate some pizza, played in a bounce house (he didn't really like that), opened lots of presents, ate and played in cake! I am not sure how much better a 1st birthday could get!
Kaden loves brownies & pizza (and yes it was eaten in that order the dessert before the meal what can I say it was his birthday)!
Kaden's Grandpa & Grandma Chance surprised us and drove all the way down from Kansas to be here to celebrate Kaden's first birthday! It was such a wonderful surprise!
Kaden got lots of cute clothes and fun toys! He did really good at opening presents!
Kaden absolutely loved his cake! He couldn't hardly wait to dig his fingers into it! If you noticed in the first picture I had to hold him back until the candle was blown out (I let him do almost anything he wanted the whole day except at the times that he would hurt himself). It was hilarious when he was done with the cake he would grab a hand full and throw it down to the dog, and then let Spencer (the dog) lick his hands clean!
Thanks again to everybody that made this day so special for Kaden, Jake & I!

9 comments:

Tawni said...

Too cute! I can't believe he is already 1! Went by way too fast!
Can't believe Saige will be 2 next month! And that she is in underwear! That is the true sign that I no longer have a baby!

Christi said...

Awww, he is such a cutie! Sorry we missed it, hope he had a good birthday!

BrettandCourtney said...

I love that kid...I can't believe he is one already!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! He looks so big! Time flies eh?..The cake looks awesome too!

Jessica said...

Sorry we missed the fun! Everything look great - AWESOME cake!!

MegRich said...

How fun! I can't believe he's already a year old! What a fun birthday party!

Daffany said...

He is too stinkin' cute!

On the move! said...

Love that he shared with the dog. Betcha he kept on eating after that too! What a doll boy. Wish I could have been there to see him eat his cake.

Macey said...

What a lucky (and so cute) kiddo!