Sunday, March 15, 2009

Holy Cow, Time Fly's!

I can't believe our baby is already 6 months old! We went to the doctor on Thursday, and Kaden is doing great. He is such a tiny little guy, weight - 15 lbs 11 oz - 10%, height - 25 in - 10%, and head circumference - ????? (I can't remember) - 75%. I guess so far he has taken after his mom in his height, but lets hope it will change and he will take after his dad in the end! He also had to get his 6 month shots. This round was not so fun, we were at the doctors for 1-1/2 hours, this time we were not forgotten about they say........ but I think that we were (I went up to the desk and said that we had been there for 20 min and people that got there after us had already left). Kaden -along with mom and dad-were just done by the time the doctor got there, and Kaden was really done by the time he was to get his shots! When the nurse put the first shot in Kaden started the cry- you know the one that they don't breathe, yeah, that one! I hate when he gets shots! I am so lucky that Jake was able to come with us so I didn't have to hold him down- I don't think that I would be able to!
Now with what is new with Kaden ~
He is sitting up all by himself
He can hold his own bottle - I don't get to see this happen that often but I was giving him juice and noticed that he wanted to do it himself, so I let him. He makes a total mess but he loves it!
I think he is teething. I am not sure but this weekend has been horrible! Friday night we were getting him ready for bed and he has had a little runny nose, so we were going to suck it out with that bulb, I know that he hates it but he only cries while we do it and when we are done he is fine. Well, Friday night was different he cried for about an hour he didn't want to eat, he didn't want us to rock him, or walk around with him. Nothing was making this kid happy. Jake went to get some infant Tylenol, we have some but of course when you need it you can't find it anywhere (I used it the day before when he got his shots)! We gave him some of that and put him to bed. He woke up at about 2 and didn't want to eat or anything again. We gave him some teething tablets which seemed to calm him down enough to eat, and then we put him down (after about an hour of him screaming). We had to go through all of this again at 5. Saturday he was a tad bit grouchy in the morning (possibly due to lack of sleep) but was fine most of the day. We started the process all over again at night. I hope that all of this crying is due to teething, it is the worst feeling to not be able to help him or not know what we can do for him. If anybody has any advice I would gladly take it as a first time mom going through the teething experience!

3 comments:

Christi said...

It could also be an ear infection. Every time Carissa got a runny nose it was always an ear infection (when she was a baby) If his fussiness gets worse, or if you see him tugging at his ear, I would take him in. Good luck, he sure is a cutie!!

Christi said...

Ok, sorry that was me, Christine I don't know why it made my name that!!! AAAAH! I gotta fix it!

Michelle Wagoner said...

He is getting so big! I can't believe he is sitting all by himself now.