It was a great little adventure, we started out on Thursday at 4 am heading to the airport for Kaden's first flight-
Grandma and Grandpa Estepp drove up to Denver and got there about 15 min after us (can you believe that timing!) Well, Friday night we were all sitting around and taking pictures, nobody could believe how Kaden would just smile for the pictures. Grandma thought it was hilarious and I swear she was sitting there taking pictures of Kaden for hours! He is such a HAM!



Kaden loved little Olen, We wanted to get a picture of the two of them together so bad. We had one second to snap a shot once Olen was placed before Kaden realized that he was there. I didn't really get any good pictures, but there was three of us taking them so hopefully Grandma or Mom got a good pic!
Of course I had to get a picture of Kaden sleeping, he didn't seem to have a problem when we were out and about!
Sunday we got to listen to Olen's blessing which was beautiful and the we headed to the airport. 

Olen was nice enough to share is special day with my mom. It was my mom's birthday Sunday, and she was so happy that she was able to spend it up there. Thanks to Nicole's mom, she even got a birthday cake. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!
We got to our gates right as we were boarding which almost gave Gene and I a heart attack. The flight home wasn't as smooth as the flight there, we had to sit on the tarmac for 15 min which Kaden was great during that time except for the pooping again (except for this time it was before we even took off), but the second that we took off Kaden cried/screamed for the first ten min of the flight I felt like crying also. He had already finished his bottle right before the take off so I was waiting for the flight attendants to come by so I could get some more water for his bottle but the flight was horribly turbulent and they called all the flight attendants to sit down (which scared me to death). Well, after about 10-15 min Kaden fell asleep, which I think was due to the turbulence which I guess one thing good came out of it-I seriously thought that the plane was going to crash, I held on to Kaden so tight the entire flight and kept praying that the flight would go fast. Due to the turbulence and Kaden being asleep I didn't even attempt to change him (poor passengers). Well, he slept the entire way home and I have never been so happy to have my feet on the ground.
This weekend was great over all but I was sure happy to be home with Jake! Thanks to mom and Gene, Grandma and Grandpa Estepp for all of your help with Kaden, and thanks to Jay and Nicole for opening your home and sharing your sweet little boy! It was so much fun!


2 comments:
Looks like a blast Laura! Olen is a mini-Jay, wow too cute! And Jay's wife is beautiful, glad you got to go. You look great too!
It was so great to see you and sweet Kaden...sorry we couldn't see Jake. Hopefully this summer!
Post a Comment